Make your browsing safer by installing DuckDuckGo for PC. It is very easy to install DuckDuckGo on any device, including PC. Here we discuss how to get DuckDuckGo for PC using BlueStacks (i.e., an Android emulator). DuckDuckGo is a search engine that works exactly like Google. And it takes more care about its user search privacy. It is a compelling alternative browser if you are looking for a private search engine for your PC.
Nowadays, it has been one of the most popular browsers among Smartphone users. Recently, the DuckDuckGo company announced that they were currently focused on building a complete desktop application. Rather than browsing in this app, you can also find so many interesting news feeds. In its suggestion, you don’t see the same recommendations over and over again. Here, let’s find out the way to install DuckDuckGo on Windows and Mac PC.
How to Get DuckDuckGo on PC using Chrome Extension
1. Open Google Chrome on your PC.
2. Visit the DuckDuckGo website.
3. Click on Add DuckDuckGo to Chrome.
4. Now, select Add to Chrome.
5. Select Add extension in the popup menu.
How to Install DuckDuckGo for PC – Windows 7/8.1/10 and Mac
1. Go to any web browser on your PC, and visit www.bluestacks.com.
2. Click on the Download BlueStacks button.
3. Then, double-click on the downloaded .exe file and tap Install now on the popup menu.
4. Once the installation is finished, click on Launch to open the BlueStacks app on your PC.
5. Now, click Google Play Store from the BlueStacks home page.
6. Click the search and start typing DuckDuckGo.
7. Select the DuckDuckGo app from the search result.
8. Then, select Install to download and install the DuckDuckGo app for PC.
9. Finally, click Open to launch DuckDuckGo on your laptop or desktop.
How to use DuckDuckGo for PC?
1. Open the DuckDuckGo for PC, and select ‘I’m new!’ or ”I’ve been here before’.
2. If you prefer to use this browser as default, choose ‘Set as Default Browser’ or else ‘Maybe Later’.
3. From there, you can type and search for whatever you want. To erase the search history, click on the Fire icon.
Related: Armorfly Browser for PC: Windows 10, 8, 7 / Mac (Download Free)
Fire Button to clear data: In DuckDuckGo, you can simply clear all the data and tabs by tapping on the Fire Button at the top of the page. The inclusion of these cool-new features enhances the user experience by burning all the data in just a click.
Prevents Online Tracking: This privacy-focused application comes with App Tracking Protection to block trackers. So you no need to worry about online tracking while using this application on your computer.
Enforce Encryption: This ultimate private search engine protects its user’s personal information and automatically prevents search leakage. It reroutes each and every clicks that you make in this browser, so the websites that you visit won’t know which search term you have used to reach them.
Global Privacy Control (GPC): By default, it enables the GPC feature in any device that you use the DuckDuckGo application. This feature adds several layers of protection to the websites that track or sell your data.
What is Duck Duck Go search engine?
DuckDuckGo is a safe private browser that helps users to browse the internet without other websites gobbling up their personal information.
Is DuckDuckGo owned by Google?
No, the application is owned by Duck Duck Go, Inc.
Is DuckDuckGo a safe browser?
Yes, it is a safe browser. Unlike some other browsers, it won’t track your IP address to know what you search online.
DuckDuckGo has simplified privacy, and anyone can use this application to browse privately and search anonymously. This platform supports smarter encryption and helps its users to block hidden trackers of millions of websites. We hope that this article helps you to get the right private browser for your PC. If you have any doubts regarding the DuckDuckGo app, use the comment section below.