GOM Player or Gretech Online Media Player is a freeware player tool launched by a South Korean Company, Gretech Corp. GOM Player is a perfect media player for Windows and Mac PC. It supports almost every media file format out there, including MP4, AVI, ASX, FLV, MKV, MOV, WMV, VOB, DivX, IFO, etc.
GOM Player is a powerful yet lightweight media player for PC. It carries an easy-to-use interface that slightly resembles the feel of the default Windows Media Player. It comes with so many customizable options like Media Player Capture, A-B Repeat, audio/video effects, speed control, etc. By using its own library, you can even download a wide range of subtitles to enjoy watching TV shows and movies in your preferred languages.
How to Install GOM Player for PC using Web Browser
1. Open any browser on your PC.
2. Click here >> to go to the GOM Player webpage.
3. Here, you can see the Download option for Windows and Mac. Choose according to your OS.
4. Double-click on the downloaded GOM Player setup file.
5. Then, tap on Yes in the popup menu.
6. Select the installer language and click OK.
7. Now, tap on Next.
8. Read the GOM Player license agreement fully, and if you are okay with it, Select I Agree.
9. Select the components to install and tap on Next.
10. Choose the destination folder and click Next.
11. Now, the installation will begin. And it may take a few seconds to finish the action.
12. Once the installation is completed, click on Close.
13. Now, you will be redirected to the GOM Player software webpage. There you can buy any GOM Player subscription package and start using the app on your PC.
How to Get GOM Player for PC – Windows 7, 8.1, 10, 11 & Mac (32 / 64 Bit)
1. Download and install BlueStacks App Player on PC.
2. Launch the BlueStacks emulator on your Windows or Mac device.
3. Tap on Google Play Store on the BlueStacks homepage.
4. Type as gom player in the search and select the GOM app in the search result.
5. Hit Install to get GOM Player on your laptop or desktop.
How to Use GOM Player on PC
1. Once the installation is done, launch the GOM app on your Mac or Windows PC.
2. Swipe left and read the screen instructions until you reach the last screen, and select Start now on it.
3. Then, tap on OK from the popup menu to allow the app to access your device and cloud storage.
4. From here, you will be able to select and play any videos from GOM Player.
5. To open the ‘Settings’ menu, tap on the three vertical lines in the top-left corner.
Related: QQ Player for PC Download – Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, and Mac Free
GOM Player supports a wide range of Windows OS, starting from Windows 11 to Windows XP SP3. It also comes with cloud storage support which includes Dropbox, Google Drive, WebDAV, FTP, and Transfer list.
This player gives you a convenient way to play any media files with its simple control buttons. Its control button overlaps on the bottom of the screen.
With GOM, you can easily customize the skin of your player. There are so many quick downloadable skin types available in this app.
It supports codecs like AVI, DivX, MPEG, DAT, and more through its embedded codecs system. So, you no need to look for appropriate codecs every time you play a video.
This app also supports VR (i.e., Virtual Reality), so you can enjoy an immersive VR effect experience.
The GOM Player app supports 5 different languages, which include Korean, English, Japanese, Russian, and Chinese.
GOM Player is completely free from spyware, user-tracking, and ads. There are so many customizable options with GOM Player. It maintained its name as the most popular and trusted media player in recent times. This amazing media player would be the best alternative for VLC media player, Groove Music, PotPlayer, MPlayer, DivX, SMPlayer, RealPlayer, Kodi, IINA, and KMPlayer.
Yes, GOM is open-source software. And it is completely free to download on your PC or Smartphone.
No, it is a Korean app.
GOM Player works by including optical 3D metrology, so it will be able to work with detailed resolution at high speed.
Yes, the GOM Player app is absolutely safe to install and use on your PC. However, we recommend you use any legitimate scanner before installing this app on your device.