Typing the text in English on WhatsApp or other apps is not as convenient for Non-native speakers. Google has introduced a smart Indic Keyboard for Indian regional languages. You can get the Google Indic Keyboard app on your PC to type in the search, message box, email in the native language.
Google Indic Keyboard is a language support tool to type easily in the regional language. This app has 12+ Indian language support to communicate and search. An Android Emulator is necessary for installing Google Indic Keyboard for PC.
How to Install Google Indic Keyboard for Windows 10, 8.1, 7, and Mac PC
You have to download BlueStacks on the PC to install the Google Indic Keyboard app. Open the Google Chrome browser and search for BlueStacks. Select the BlueStacks official website and click Download BlueStacks to get the extension file.
Open the BlueStacks extension file and select Yes in the User Account Control. Tap Install now to install the BlueStacks emulator and click Launch to open the Emulator. Sign in to your Google Account.
In the BlueStacks home screen, search and open Google Play Store. Type Google Indic Keyboard in the search and select from the options.
Click Install to download the app from Play Store, and this may take time depending upon the internet speed. Select Open to launch Google Indic Keyboard on your computer or laptop.
Get Google Input Tools for PC
Google offers Google Input Tools as an extension for Google Chrome. You can install the Google Input Tools extension from the official site and choose the input language. Type the required text, and it will be converted into the chosen language.
How to Use Google Indic Keyboard for PC
Now, you can open the Google Indic Keyboard app on your Windows or Mac and select Enable in the Settings option. Toggle the Google Indic Keyboard slider and click OK in the Attention prompt. Select the English Keyboard in the Change Keyboard and click Select Input Method.
Tap English & Indic Languages and choose the Input Language as English. Type the text in the text box of any app and tap the other language letter on the keyboard. Select the translated language from the available languages. Enter the desired text using the keyboard and view the transformed text in the text box.
Features of Google Indic Keyboard
- Google Keyboard offers keyboards in English, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, and Telugu.
- It has a Native Keyboard for native speakers to type the text in their native language itself.
- The required keyboard can be chosen easily on the on-screen keyboard and quick to type.
- It offers Handwriting mode to write the text on the screen, and it will be transferred to the text box. Now, it is available only in the Hindi language.
- The transliteration mode can convert the text from English to other languages instantly, and it provides perfect suggestions for the text.
1. Is it safe to use Google Indic Keyboard?
Google Indic Keyboard is absolutely safe and secure to use on any device. It does not have any lag in converting the text.
2. How do I install Google Indic Keyboard on PC?
You could install the Google Indic Keyboard app on any of your Windows PC like Windows 10, 8, and 7 through an Android Emulator.
Hence, Google Indic Keyboard is the most useful app to send messages to others in the familiar language. It reduces the language barrier in communication apps, browsing, and other apps. In case of any queries about the Google Indic Keyboard, share them in the comments section.