Zoom has become one of the predominant apps of any other video conferencing platform. In recent times, in spite of pandemics, even school kids are using this platform on mobile phones to attend their online classes. It has made video conferencing easy and accessible to millions of users around the world. Zoom has become one of the highest downloaded apps in the Google Play Store. If you are an individual who uses a desktop and has the necessity for frequent video conferencing, then undoubtedly, the Zoom app on PC should be your first choice.
Method 1: How to Get Zoom for Windows 7/8.1/10/11 [using Microsoft Store]
1. Go to the Microsoft Store on your Windows PC.
2. Start typing ‘zoom’ in the search bar.
3. Select the Zoom app from the search result.
4. Click on the Install button to get the Zoom app for PC.
Once the installation is finished, you can start using the Zoom app on your laptop or desktop.
Method 2: How to Download Zoom Desktop Client for PC
You can download and install the Zoom Desktop Client app from its official website.
Method 3: How to Install Zoom for PC – Windows and Mac via BlueStacks
1. Go to the BlueStacks official webpage using any browser on your PC.
2. Tap on the Download BlueStacks button.
3. Then, open the downloaded setup file and select Install now in the popup.
4. After installation, click Launch to open and use the BlueStacks app player on your PC.
5. On the BlueStacks home page, click on Google Play Store.
6. Search and select the Zoom app.
7. Now, click on the Install button to get the Zoom app on your Windows or Mac PC.
8. After the installation, select Open and start using the app on your PC.
Method 4: How to Get Zoom for PC as Chrome Extensions
1. Open the Chrome browser on your Mac or Windows PC.
2. Then, click here to go to the Zoom Chrome Extension page.
3. Select Add to Chrome to get Zoom as a Chrome Extension.
4. Next, click Add app from the popup.
5. Now, you can find the Zoom app in the Apps section of Chrome Extension.
How to Use the Zoom app for PC
- Open the installed Zoom app on your computer and sign up if you don’t already have a Zoom account.
- Once you sign in, you can join any Zoom meeting by selecting the ‘Join’ button on the home screen.
- On the main screen, you could be able to see different main functions that you may need, such as Mute/ Unmute, Stop Video/ Start Video, Share Screen, and Exit/ End Meeting.
Related: Google Duo for PC: Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 / Laptop / Mac Free Download
Unlimited One-On-One Meetings: Zoom gives you unlimited time on video calling for one-on-one meetings absolutely for free with its basic plan. Each meeting can take place for up to 24 hours of maximum time duration.
Unlimited Group Meeting: With the full-featured Zoom pro plan, you can host an unlimited number of meetings by including up to 100 participants and can collaborate as long as you want.
Virtual Background: Zoom’s Virtual background is one of the most used and highlighted features. If you don’t want others to see the Zoom meeting, you can make use of this feature to hide it.
Integrate Third-Party Apps: This platform is open to third-party integration, so you can add any third-party plugins, such as Microsoft Outlook, Slack App Directory, Google Calendar, etc., to this platform to ease your tasks.
Password Protection: You no need to have a common password for all the meetings. You can set a new password frequently or set a unique password for each meeting that you are scheduling.
Screen Sharing: Zoom lets the hosts or co-host share their screens with other Zoom meeting participants. And as a host, you can also enable the ‘Multiple Participants can share simultaneously’ option.
Zoom is an incredible resource for scheduling professional one-on-one and group video conferences with anyone around the world without spending a cent. By adding the app’s large meeting add-on, you can host up to 1000 participants.
You can download the Zoom desktop client app on your computer running with Windows, macOS, Linux, etc.
Yes. The Zoom desktop client app is available for PC. And Windows users can directly install the Zoom app from the Microsoft Store.
Open the app and sign in with your account and start inviting others to join the call, or click on Join to attend a meeting.
Zoom is a very secure app to use on your PC. All its video calling data is end-to-end encrypted, which means all the time during video call transit, so not even zoom could access your data.
Yes, Zoom is absolutely a free app to download and use on a PC.
There is no need to install the Zoom app to attend Zoom meetings. You can join the meeting by accessing the meeting invite URL using any browser on your PC.